Sunday, August 10, 2014

A Life in Numbers

It has been almost a year since I started this blog; since I made the decision to laugh at myself and life.

Wait, that would make it almost a year since I turned 30! Which can only mean that in a few days time... Oh Lord! Let's just say none of us is getting any younger...

This thought has given me a sudden urge to look back and evaluate (and question) what on earth have I done with all of these days? They escape like sand through my fingers.

Why do we do this? Why do we count things? Why do we enjoy so much keeping track of time to celebrate thresholds? But we do. Even unconsciously we do. I think that that first "when do we arrive?" from the back of our parent's car is what triggers a live constructed around counts...

A life in numbers. My life in numbers:
  • 7 months without a drop of Diet Coke - I used to drink an average of 3 cans per day
  • 10 hours of sleep - It's Sunday
  • 20 minute swim
  • 15 items in my shopping list
  • 84% of battery in my laptop
  • 8 emails in my inbox
  • 29 degrees Celsius
  • 4 more days to see my niece
  • 20:11 of 10th of August of 2014

Would stop counting make it all count?




No comments:

Post a Comment