Monday, October 6, 2014

My Enviable Superpower

"I have the power." Or more specifically, I have the superpower. I've had it for a while now, although only intermittently. However, since I moved to Madrid it hasn't left. It's permanency has triggered this public confession.

What superpower? you might be asking yourselves. Well, I'm not one who brags, but let me tell you that this superpower is the one who every human being longs for. Ladies and gentlemen, without further ado I present you with my superpower:

I am INVISIBLE!

Yep! For some time now, I've had a sneaking suspicion that I was unseeable, based on a number of inescapable clues:

  • repeatedly getting stepped on and pushed when using the public transport
  • obtaining dead silence when greeting good mornings and good evenings
  • people pushing-in when diligently queuing
  • my place got taken in the café when I stood up to get some water (my food, mobile and jacket were still there)
  • being spoken over

And then, the other day my suspicion was fully confirmed. Here is what happened:
I was gripping to the bus bar to avoid falling over (riding a bus in Madrid can be considered an activity of high risk) and suddenly felt a hand on top of mine. Not close or barely touching, no, on top! and the bus wasn't that crowded!

Long story short and the main takeaway for everyone: I am here! as creepy and enviable as that may sound...



2 comments: