Thursday, February 6, 2014

Let's badge it!

Walking down the streets on any given day, a stampede of working souls, who can't seem to get home soon enough, rush in every direction. All with a distinctive feature: a label hanging from their necks. Literally, not metaphorically. Call it label, call it badge, call it what you want... It all serves the same purpose: openly displaying information.

Here is my proposal: if we are to disclose information, do it in a way that it'll benefit society as a whole. Tell the world something that will help them. It would save so much time and efforts! Efficiency, people, efficiency.

I'll illustrate this using myself as an example. My chest would proudly exhibit the following (not exclusively, but enough for you to get a sense of what I mean):
  • Good with faces, terrible with names
  • Don't care about the size - or number, for that matter - of your house, car, [enter material possession]
  • People who are happy all of the time scare me
  • Sometimes a glass of wine is the high of my day
  • Happiness is a good book and a milky tea
  • If you think you're better than someone else, don't come closer
  • ...
Are you in? 

Think that it will work both ways. I sure know that my my life would have been so much better if I knew up-front some of the things I only got to learn the hard way... 
  • "can't keep promises" 
  • "will lie behind your back" 
  • "my life is build around smoking"
  • "fake"
  • "will betray"
  • ...
 
Let's make the world a better place, let's badge it!



1 comment:

  1. hahaha, this is a very good post, I totally agree!! now I'm thinking about what to write in that badge...

    ReplyDelete